Flat damaged after fire breaks out in Edmonton

Most of a ground floor flat in Edmonton was damaged after a fire broke out.

Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were rushed to the blaze Bridlington Road on December 25.

One woman left the flat before the London Fire Brigade arrived.

There were no reports of any injuries.

The Brigade’s fire investigators believe the blaze was accidental and involved a chip pan.

A spokesperson said: “Chip pans and cooking with hot oil can be really dangerous and the risk increases when you start frying food more than once.

“All it can take is for you to become distracted for a few seconds and your cooking oil can quickly go up in flames.

“Cooking should never be left unattended on the hob or grill – if you have to leave the kitchen, turn off the heat.”

This Is Local London | News